• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Feeding

Drago628

Hi
We are newer tegu owners. I got Drago from a breeder in August 2021 and he is a little over 6 months old now. He is a pure blue and a pure red mix. I just want to make sure I am feeding him properly and I do not want to have an overweight tegu. I know overweight isn't good or healthy for them and from what I've learned it's very easy for tegus to get overweight.
Every time we feed him I feel like he can just keep eating and eating. Now that he is much larger we stopped with crickets. Everyday in the morning he gets a bath in the bath tub and that is the only place he poops now. So we flush that and then clean him up for a real bath and then he gets to roam a little bit. We feed him some super worms and large blue horn worms. At night I feed him reptilinks. I have the large uncased meat tubes and the little mini cased tubes. I haven't fed him a whole cased one yet. I always cut it up and feed with tweezers. He loves the repilinks and I have been giving him that since we got him at 6 weeks old. I don't know how to explain the amount I give him. Cus the container is large and I just cut up some of it to feed him. The tube is about and inch in a half wide and a quarter of an inch thick. I squeeze out about an inch in a half of meat and cut it up into pieces to feed. He always eats all of it.
My point in, I want to make sure I am feeding him enough. He doesn't look under weight at all. But I don't want him over weight.
Any help would be great. Hope you can understand my rambling.
Thank you

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonny