• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

First Ball Python

Carnicero

Going to be looking to pick up my first ball python sunday. Can i put a divider in the middle of my 40 gallon exo terra to use half the space to bring up a baby and then remove divider when its ready to use the whole enclosure?

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yep, another option would be to use the whole enclosure and add more stuff to it like extra hides, branches and foliage so it feels less exposed and more secure even when out and about. Also not sure what you're using for heating but a humid hide would help since keeping up humidity can be an issue with bp enclosures.

Carnicero

Thanks Bubblz that sounds like a better idea to me so I'll do that. I have the day off tommorow so I'll be putting together the best enclosure I can offer so its ready to go Sunday. I plan on keeping just enough of the screentop uncovered for ventilation and keeping humidty in. I also have a repti-fogger I can use. I was planning on using an under tank heater under a portion of the enclosure for heat.

Tannaros

Will do, whats the story with this "heat tape" stuff I see for sale at the show im going to? Hows it work?

Essentially all heating elements are simply resistors that inhibit electrical movement and thereby produce heat.

However, if you're asking their primary application - heat tape is generally used by individuals using rack systems of some sort. Essentially you place the actual tape down, and then complete the circuit using electrical clips on either side. It's not really tape as in how we generally use the word - it's not sticky what so ever. You essentially just place the cage (generally a plastic box) over the tape itself to get belly heat.

It's a fairly affordable heating element to use - though they can run hot, and as with a vast majority of heating elements I would suggest using a thermostat.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced