• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

First tegu

Gthacker99

20210613_110708.jpg

So we just got our first tegu. We have a bearded dragon and leopard gecko and previously a savannah monitor so I'm not completely new but wanna make sure we take care of our newest girl. She's a 5 month old purple tegu (the seller said she was the smallest of the group) and she's doing good so far. She's eating fine and doesn't seem to scared. Now that we have her home and warmed up and active she's a little skittish but nowhere near as bad as expected. I have her on reptibark substrate with a hiding hole, basking spot with a 75 watt lamp and a massive water dish. Any suggestions for the setup or feeding suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
She's a beauty...congratulations! Used to live in AL, but I don't know the recent regulations there. If you have a temp gun, you can check that your temps are at no more than 100dg for her bask, and about 70dg for her cool side. Humidity at above 70% - as she matures to a an adult, they'll be 115dg and 70dg respectively. Good luck!

Gthacker99

She's a beauty...congratulations! Used to live in AL, but I don't know the recent regulations there. If you have a temp gun, you can check that your temps are at no more than 100dg for her bask, and about 70dg for her cool side. Humidity at above 70% - as she matures to a an adult, they'll be 115dg and 70dg respectively. Good luck!
Appreciate it. Have some gauges on the way to monitor the Temps better but she seems to dig it so far. Still kinda skittish when we handle her but other than that she's eating great and seems happy

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced