• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

FL Tegu Updates? Struggles?

Mutablekitty

Since the initial info of the ban and everything have we had an update? Maybe I missed it. If anyone could send some links/articles that'd be awesome.

Also has anyone else had trouble or anxiety trying to get a vet for your Tegu? I got my Rueben fall of last year and a vet appointment before the ban. But even with that I'm worried about going back and them refusing to look at him. Disclaimer is that I have not had to go back to the vet since the ban so I have not had any vet issues caused by the ban.. yet.

rantology

Still waiting on the governors desk. So, they aren't technically banned yet, but will happen soon. And if what they were saying surrounding the ban, existing owners should be able to get permits or something to be grandfathered in... so you should hopefully still be able to get health care for your lizard. Though, conveniently nothing official has been put out on that front, as far as I know.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I advocate for responsible tegu care. First and foremost I advocate for the natural Florida legacy.

rantology

Looks like the bill was just signed by the governor yesterday... it has language in it to me that suggests it will be way worse than I previously thought..

License holders who had valid licenses on June 30, 2020 that allow for commercial use of species listed in I) a-i above will have until 90 days after new rules are established to liquidate current inventories of those species or place them with facilities that will continue to qualify under a valid license or permit for educational or research purposes unless they obtain a permit pursuant to paragraph 2 or 6. Breeding the above listed species for commercial sale as defined in 379.372, F.S., after June 30, 2020 is prohibited. Commercial sale after that time is prohibited.

Unless I'm missing something, breeders must liquidate stock and cease all operations of the restricted species, instead of just being restricted to selling out of state? That's a huge blow if true. source 4) ....and furthermore, I'm scared for the animals. I hope everyone rehomes and takes care of them to accommodate the new laws responsibly...

Mutablekitty

I'm looking for the application to get a permit but I dont have a PIT tag. Maybe i should ask someone in the system about it but I'm wondering if I need to get him tagged to have him?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam