• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Fogger or Mister?

rantology

Can't answer for certain since it depends on your ambient humidity so just my 2c/my setup for 8'x4'x4': Minimal enclosure ventilation - 2 smaller sized vents and small holes for cables at the top, that's it. I only use a mistking system with 3 double headed nozzles ( so 6 nozzels total) that goes off every 2 hours for 20 seconds during the day. Have 2 small fans inside the enclosure to clear glass and give a little air movement. This is enough to keep the humidity at 80%+ at all times. You generally shouldn't need anything at night since the lights and heat presumably turn off, as long as you run your mister/fogger as they turn off, the humidity should keep all night no problem. I also manually spray inside the hide infrequently (or every day when in shed)

BrothaJordan

Can't answer for certain since it depends on your ambient humidity so just my 2c/my setup for 8'x4'x4': Minimal enclosure ventilation - 2 smaller sized vents and small holes for cables at the top, that's it. I only use a mistking system with 3 double headed nozzles ( so 6 nozzels total) that goes off every 2 hours for 20 seconds during the day. Have 2 small fans inside the enclosure to clear glass and give a little air movement. This is enough to keep the humidity at 80%+ at all times. You generally shouldn't need anything at night since the lights and heat presumably turn off, as long as you run your mister/fogger as they turn off, the humidity should keep all night no problem. I also manually spray inside the hide infrequently (or every day when in shed)
Ahh okay that is perfect! Thank you for the info. Its a lot harder to keep super humid without the live plants.

Lady2Lucky

Hey so I wanted to pipe in here and say it really depends on your humidity levels and how well-sealed your cage is. My area runs 50% or less humidity and has high winds so when the humidity drops, it plummets. My cage is also one that has lights attached to the top through mesh that we've tried to seal as much as we can but...there are holes. We have a mister running every 30 minutes and a sprayer running at the beginning and end of the day. That provides much more stable humidity for our little red than either of the other options alone. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced