• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Food aggression

Luke Whitelaw

I've had my new gu for a month now and he's very calm and tame when I handle him. I always take him out of his cage for food we have this routine and he always runs up my hand when I put it in his cage and I take him out and put him in a bin and feed him. Recently he's been like darting at the food very aggressively and mistook my finger for a mouse wich he has never done before. I would love some help or advice on how to fix this. Thank you

Reptar1397

I went through the same thing with my red reptar ... honestly it is just a waiting game ... you have to establish that they have a food dish... after that they will figure out that their food is in the dish not in your hand ... when feeding mice continue to use the feeding tub but make sure the mouse is already in the tub before placing the tegu there so they don't recognize your hand coming down as their food falling from the sky.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980