• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Found these balls in tegu cage.

JohnGinnIII

Are these mite balls? If so how do I get rid of them.

15383624267616299941367949871006.jpg

MrExotic

Looks like fertilizer lol the best thing you can do is bleach everything let cage air dry forages hours and replace dirt .. or if you want to keep dirt moist it put it in a trash bag and tie it up and freeze it for 24hours after 24 hours thaw it out in the sun and put it back it cage that’s what I did and haven’t seen any since but they wasn’t mite balls it was just baby wood mites in the watter bowl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrExotic

Looks like fertilizer lol the best thing you can do is bleach everything let cage air dry forages hours and replace dirt .. or if you want to keep dirt moist it put it in a trash bag and tie it up and freeze it for 24hours after 24 hours thaw it out in the sun and put it back it cage that’s what I did and haven’t seen any since but they wasn’t mite balls it was just baby wood mites in the watter bowl

Forages- few hours ......basically if you have mites in cage that means it is real dirty

MrExotic

Bleach the whole cage watter bowl if the hide is real wood then you can’t bleach it because that bleach will soak in the wood I would get some mite spray for it I would hose it down and spray it with the mite spray and let it sun dry before putting it back in the cage every thing wooden needs to be whipped down sprayed if not reusable such as mulch I would switch it out with a new bag

MrExotic

Yea bleach the cage and the watter bowl ,replace mulch if haven’t frozen it over , spray the wood hide down with watter and coat it with the mite spray and let it sun dry ,but if it’s artificial wood bleach it and let it air out and be sure to let the enclosure air out before putting your tegu back in it .

MrExotic

If you freeze the moss in a bag for 24 hours I guarantee that the eggs will not hatch just put a fresh bag of substrate in the enclosure that will save you the trouble .... wood mites are not harmful to the tegu but can cause them to stress and it’s mandatory you Bath your tegu 2 times out the week if they are not wood mites you can tell when you put him in a tub of warm watter if he sits in it that mean he he’s in releaf take him and bath him and put freash substrate in the enclosure

MrExotic

Yes you have to put it in a bag and tie it up and stick it I. The freezer for 24 hours .....just put a new bag off moss in the cage

JohnGinnIII

I don't want to put my number on here my bad. Also I am goin to buy new moss today and just freeze it. Hoping that works. And my tegu still freaks out when I out her in water but calms down after ahwile but after 3 minutes she us trying to get out again. So now sure if she has mites or not.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam