• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Fresh Pet food for Tegus?

luvsk9z

IMG_0923.PNG IMG_0922.PNG I will soon be getting my first Tegu. I've read a lot about their diets and watched videos. While learning about their diet, I wondered if we could feed them Fresh Pet? It's a slice & serve food for dogs, but the ingredients are excellent and seem to be the things we feed Tegus. I've attached an image of the ingredients. Let me know your thoughts on this.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
View attachment 11961 View attachment 11962 I will soon be getting my first Tegu. I've read a lot about their diets and watched videos. While learning about their diet, I wondered if we could feed them Fresh Pet? It's a slice & serve food for dogs, but the ingredients are excellent and seem to be the things we feed Tegus. I've attached an image of the ingredients. Let me know your thoughts on this.
As part of the diet supplemented with calcium powder. Still will need whole prey.

dpjm

5 Year Member
It seems ok, but only ok. It should only be a small component of the overall diet.

Before I would use it I would contact the company and ask for a more detailed mineral analysis - most importantly how much calcium and phosphorus is in it. I does say there is calcium added but you don't know how much. The amount of calcium should be somewhere around 1.5 to 2 times the amount of phosphorus.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam