• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Geckos, Geckos, Geckos

Styx

This is what I mainly work with. Geckos. This isn't even all of them, sadly.

African tiger gecko
Picture042.jpg

Flying gecko
FG2a.jpg

L. Williamsi
Lygopair.jpg

Viper tailed geckos
Vipergroup1.jpg

VTGsm1.jpg

E. Agricolae
EA01-1.jpg

Chik - Mourning gecko
021-1.jpg

Pandora - mourning gecko
PandoraClimb.jpg

Whiteout African Fat Tailed gecko
Septwhiteout.jpg

Valentine - gargoyle gecko
Valentine3.jpg

U. Henkeli
UHenk2.jpg

U. Phantasticus
UPhant1.jpg

Crested geckos (In order of appearance):
Inazuma
Inazumaprofile2011.jpg

Eclipse & Menai
Darkyinyang.jpg

Tiramisu
Tiramisufeb12.jpg

Lys
Lys1.jpg

Eclair
Eclairlick.jpg

Lumina
Picture3509.jpg

Sakura
SakuraApple1CM.jpg

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
Beautiful geckos, man. I was told it'd bad to handle sticky geckos because it damages the adhesive pads on their feet. That has stopped be form purchasing any day geckos or similar species because I am all about reptiles I can interact and play with rather than keeping display-only animals. Is this true?

Styx

I doubt that's true. I've never heard anything about the setae getting damaged. Likely, if you were talking about Phelsuma (day geckos) with someone, the person misremembered some information. With Phelsuma it's actually their skin that is extremely delicate, and it's very easy to tear it with handling. However, with the larger species like the Giant Madagascar Day Gecko and the Standing's Day Gecko I have been told you can tame them down so they will walk onto you hand and you can hold them that way. You just never want to grab them in any way. I haven't kept any Phelsuma so I can't really say how to tame them though. So mostly, Phelsuma are a display species and should be thought of as such.

The Crested Geckos are an arboreal (vertical space oriented, sticky feeted) species that do great with handling.
YPhand.jpg

71040_153949_Large_J2y0vPXbXida2.jpg

Gargoyles are good with handling also:
003.jpg

Pretty much any of your Rhacodactylus species tolerate handling quite well, it's one of the reasons they have become such popular pets in the last ten years. The E. Agricolae I've got are also really easy to handle and smaller if space is an issue. Oedura Castelnaui are a good sticky feeted gecko to handle also and super soft.

Diesel

Yeah!! They are awesome and surprisingly cheap? I've never seen one. So I thought they were somewhat more expensive. But just wondering. Are there any! Geckos that I can put more than one in a single enclosure? I have a fairly large cage and I wouldn't Mind having a few in. If there are any that wouldn't be too risky having more than one together could you send me the name and requirements to make them live together comfortably. Like all females or something. Thanks!

Styx

dragonmetalhead, no problem!

Diesel, flying geckos are not terribly expensive but you're definitely better off getting CBB animals. WCs are cheap but infested with mites usually. I'll send you a PM with the breeder info I got mine from. :3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980