• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Going to bed

savagesage

this is a repost from the red forum, hope you don't mind. well Dixie is starting to slow down for the season I believe, spends most hours of the day sleeping, but still comes out for an hour or two a day. she only ate 1 pinky the other day when I offered her two. should I be still be offering food everyday? I really want her to hibernate, but I don't want her to be malnourished or anything when she goes to sleep.I still leave her basking light on during the day, but have slowed down on the feedings, I attempt to feed her once every three days now. it alternates Tegu meatball, pinkies and crickets.(tegu meatballs contain turkey,egg and fruit blended together.) Any advice? I plan on getting her a mate next year, even though shes still just a youngin, I want to raise them at the same time.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I always offer food. In my experience with my tegus, they begin to refuse food when they are ready to stop eating. If the temps are cooling and they are not as active, I adjust the amount of food I offer and how often I feed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602