• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Golden Tegu and Chinese water dragon

Will Defee

Hey, I wanted to know if anyone on this page could tell me if it would be safe to house 3 Chinese water dragons with a pair of gold Tegus in a large paludarium. I'm custom building the paludarium with a 400 gallon aquarium built into it, it will be an L shaped enclosure with the long side measuring ~ 9' long x 3' wide and the short side being ~ 4'6" long and 3' wide, the whole enclosure will be 7' tall with lots of branches and foliage. The aquarium will be 2 feet off of the ground and ~16" off the substrate to provide an extra cool area and it will have 2 feet above it for the water dragons to bask on branches placed over the tank which will include turtles in it, the tank will be 5' long.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Waters

While I don't know much about Tegu compatibility, I am not sure I would be comfortable mixing any two species together. Assuming they will even leave each other alone, their care would be slightly different, with the Water Dragons requiring more humidity than the Tegus.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Also the chance of infecting each other with problems the other species can't handle.

Adramelec

5 Year Member
as i known contains Turtlefeces microbes that could be lethal to other Reptiles.
And i dont think that Tegus like other Reptiles as company.

Merlot

I would imagine that the size of Chinese water dragons would be still borderline prey size and even though they’re lizards a tegu would eat another lizard. I can see it being not safe where you come home and there s water dragon tail hanging out of your tegus mouth. Even in spite of how chill they are

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supportibi