• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

golden tegus ?

angelrose

5 Year Member
I was reading somewhere :blblbl
that a golden tegu was colombian and since they are the same species they could be bred
I dunno ... I haven't heard of a golden tegu but I would like to know the bottom line.

on Kingsnake.com the person selling golden tegus e-mailed me and said he never heard of a colombian gold tegus he is selling golden tegus very very inexpensive but they are cuties
I did not get an answer to what size they become :bang

playlboi

5 Year Member
i thought that the colombians and the golden tegus are the same thing.

hmn, as for the size, i read somewhere that they get about 3 feet.

angelrose

5 Year Member
that is what I read that the golden tegus are colombian
I don't understand why the person selling them said he never heard of 'colombian' golden tegus
and he also said the golden tegus were more aggressive then the colombian :rofl

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
There are two color phases of the Colombian tegu, there is the Colombian Black, that is often miss-called the Black n White. I think this is done to try to slide them through as Argentines and sell them at a higher price.

Then there is the Colombian Gold tegu, the same animal just a different color phase.

It is kind of like foxes, Red fox can come in many different colors, red, black, platinum, silver and even many more color phases. The same it true in tegus.

ApriliaRufo

5 Year Member
That's a load of crap is what it is. Columbian Blacks and the Golds are just different phases. If the guy doesn't know what a Columbian Gold is, he doesn't know the different between sheep **** and apple pie, and I wouldn't buy a cigarette from him.

angelrose

5 Year Member
:thyo for clearing this up for me and very well put :lol: :lol: :lol:
that's what I was thinking don't even buy a cigarette from him :butt

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602