• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Green Basilisk

Deac77

5 Year Member
Looking for any info on the lizard My Girlfriend wants one and I know little about this species (i know husbandry i dont know personality) ive heard they can be sweet and loving then ive heard they can be crazy and skiddish any input or advice on this breed would be great (she loves the sailfin on the i tried for a sailfin dragon she said it was ugly :mad:)

dicy

5 Year Member
i used to have 3 b.vittatus they where cool but agresive/defensive as hell but again verry cool animals

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
I've heard the same things as you, Deac77. They sound a lot like water dragons, personality-wise. I just think it'b be awesome to have a lizard who can run on water, lol.

Sirhc401

All basilisks I have seen have been super skidish. They will lunge and jump away from you like crazy. If you are looking for something that is nice for her and easy to tame then a basilisk is a no go. Try a leopard gecko, they are the simplest to care for, cute, come in different colors and patterns, and come tame.

Deac77

5 Year Member
haha ill pass on the leo seems like a step backwards in the reptile world =P (plus not a big fan of geckos in general) but thanks for the info on the basilisk they seem amazing but i think the girlfriend is going to have to settle for somthing easier for her to tame (although i figure ill be doing most of the husbandry and diet work) do ya'll know of any breeders of Blue Phase Iguanna,Iguanna?

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I don't think leopard geckos are a step back, personally. I think they're great pets and just more on the tame side if you're looking for a pet to hold and interact with...

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Deac77 said:
haha ill pass on the leo seems like a step backwards in the reptile world =P (plus not a big fan of geckos in general) but thanks for the info on the basilisk they seem amazing but i think the girlfriend is going to have to settle for somthing easier for her to tame (although i figure ill be doing most of the husbandry and diet work) do ya'll know of any breeders of Blue Phase Iguanna,Iguanna?

Tom Crutchfield.

Chesapeakeherper

Blue tongue skinks make great pets they are very tame and easy to care for. Check out bluetongueskinks.net they are the best website for blue tongue info.

I have a female plumbed and a female common basilisk. They are silly lizards. They dive into their water to escape if I need to handle them. I just scope them up and then they just hang out with no issue. They must be able to actually swim not just sit in a puddle of water. I really enjoy them. They are very reactive lizards and as long as they can escape by dividing under water they feel safe.

Stellalife1

What about a bearded dragon? I notice alot of people that own tegus also own beardies! Tons of different coloration varieties & pretty chill! Check out TJ Tegu on FB some of them are truly beautiful! I've only met 1 iguana that wasn't nasty mean to the bone!! Lol

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced