• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Green stool

Venom1226

Hey everyone needed advice for a golden tegu that keeps pooping green stool for some odd reasons he eats everything looks normal but his stools are green?!

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
The urine is clear, the urates are a yellowish-whitish color and the actual poop is brown with a slight greenish hue. Has it always pooped this color, or is this a new development?

Venom1226

The urine is clear, the urates are a yellowish-whitish color and the actual poop is brown with a slight greenish hue. Has it always pooped this color, or is this a new development?
Yes randomly developed he threw up some chicken and than pooped barely digested chicken not eating at the moment

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
I would change up his diet. I'd try that first - like go try the ground turkey meat balls, dusted with calcium. I give my spoiled brat fresh caught Salmon with extra fish oil drizzled on it. I know it seems expensive, but right now, you're just looking for a remedy to normalize him. You may have a bit of a sensitive eater, in which case, you'll have to find his diet items that suit him best. This doesn't happen that often, but I had an impacted adult male, and he was really sick for awhile. After determining his issue, we got that fixed, but never knew the cause. I would take a guess at too many adult mice too close together....but really don't know.

I've only seen a Tegu spit up water, not partially eaten food. My simple suspicion about yours is that he was trying to take in too much. But - I've NEVER seen them excrete semi-digested food. That's a new one to me. Somehow, he didn't process the way he should. I'd def try other food. Sorry - that's all I've got! Hope someone else chimes in here!!

Good luck - keep us posted

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980