• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Greetings from Olympia, South Puget Sound, Washington

Puget Tegu Place

Hello,
I have recently become interested in these giant lizards. I'm trying to gather information about keeping these in the Northwest. I hope to get something in 2018 if my interest is still there after hearing from tegu owners. I have not met a tegu face to face. If you live between Seattle and Portland and would allow me to meet your scaly puppy dog please let me know. Also looking for Northwest Tegu Breeders.
Thank you so much for having me,
Puget Tegu Place

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hello,
I have recently become interested in these giant lizards. I'm trying to gather information about keeping these in the Northwest. I hope to get something in 2018 if my interest is still there after hearing from tegu owners. I have not met a tegu face to face. If you live between Seattle and Portland and would allow me to meet your scaly puppy dog please let me know. Also looking for Northwest Tegu Breeders.
Thank you so much for having me,
Puget Tegu Place
Welcome. Lots of info here on all sorts of aspects of keeping tegus. They're expensive and should be, still lots of people keep them. I hope you find a kindred soul there!

Trede

I live in Seattle, and my tegu Talia is pretty well known in my neighborhood...in the summer I take her to the local park for walks (and because she doesn't like to poop inside...I'm not complaining) and she's amazingly patient with children petting her. If you'd like to meet her, feel free to send me a message. Full disclosure, though: she's not a typical tegu. I know Argentine B&Ws are known for being more mellow, easier to handle, etc...but she goes above and beyond. When I rescued her, I was fully prepared to handle a ~7kg reptile that didn't necessarily want to be handled. I lucked out and ended up with a remarkably cuddly emotional support lizard.

FluffyGoo

I live in Seattle, and my tegu Talia is pretty well known in my neighborhood...in the summer I take her to the local park for walks (and because she doesn't like to poop inside...I'm not complaining) and she's amazingly patient with children petting her. If you'd like to meet her, feel free to send me a message. Full disclosure, though: she's not a typical tegu. I know Argentine B&Ws are known for being more mellow, easier to handle, etc...but she goes above and beyond. When I rescued her, I was fully prepared to handle a ~7kg reptile that didn't necessarily want to be handled. I lucked out and ended up with a remarkably cuddly emotional support lizard.

Trede, what are good parks in Seattle that you take your tegu to?

Trede

Every year there's an event at Volunteer park called "Parke Diem" that I take both girls to (I also have a boa constrictor). Myrtle Edwards park hosts "Chillography" every year and we go to that as well. Beyond that, there are a few little local parks up north that we go to (I don't even know the name of the one right by my place). The MOHAI (Museum Of History And Industry) has a beautiful waterfront park, Golden Gardens park is great for a big sandy beach that she likes to wander up and down...those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced