• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Grumpy Tegu?

Tox1981

Hello, we recently re homed a Tegu, he sleeps all night but from about 10am on wards he bangs on the glass of the viv, i let him out and feed him about 3pm then he comes out again in the evening, is there anything i can do to stop the banging on the glass? my wife works nights and it wakes her up, i dont get in from work till about 2.30pm so cant let him out in the morning when he bangs unless its a day off

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well, he might find himself banging the glass for food. Might try adding food in morning before he wakes up.

No positive activity can be associated with that behavior.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
They're smart little buggers....not hard for them to associate the cause and effect behavior. I did think of one other thing - I've become a huge fan of a nice sized hide, and not just substrate. That one change calmed both my Tegus.

No one can sleep around their relentless efforts.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They're smart little buggers....not hard for them to associate the cause and effect behavior. I did think of one other thing - I've become a huge fan of a nice sized hide, and not just substrate. That one change calmed both my Tegus.

No one can sleep around their relentless efforts.
That's interesting.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced