• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Guru

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Think it's been a while since anyone saw him. He's staying up for the winter but not eating a lot. Tonight was the first time he's taken food in a week. I offer it twice a week but he usually refuses it once. He's coming out every day for a couple hours but then retreating to his lair.

M3QMb.jpg

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thanks guys.
I posted this picture on another site and it has been brought to my attention that he looks borderline chubby and that I should be feeding him a different diet. I'm wondering what opinions other people here have on it. I honestly don't think he is chubby. And I'm not entirely sure what else I can do to change his diet if he is only accepting food once a week. I was told I should give him more turkey (it's more lean) and less whole prey. But he doesn't eat whole prey every week. Turkey may be more lean but there are still good fats and bad fats whole prey can offer. I feel like most people on this site would agree whole prey is more complete and a healthy food when fed properly.

If guru is becoming a little porker, what would I do to exercise him? He doesn't want to run around, he wants to be left alone, it's winter.. I don't believe in using tongs to have him chase his food, I think it can lead to aggression issues if he gets used to chasing anything that moves.

http://www.reddit.com/r/herpetology/comments/168iee/sleeping_giant/

TeguBlake

I think he will shed some fat in the spring and summer! Maybe it's just winter fat to survive the cold? I mean they are less active this time a year, well some of them are.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
bombadierboom said:
He's not overweight, it's just that he is laying down and its splooging out the sides I think.

Ditto, it's one pic from one angle plus he's laying down and totally relaxed. Even with that he doesn't look even close to over weight to me. I wouldn't worry about exercising him around this time of year either. Unless it's warm enough for you to get him outside that may perk him up a bit, but really not necessary yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam