• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hard time shedding

Compnerd7

My Tegu Ryion has had an extremely hard shedding for quite a while. He seems to always be going through 2 or more sheds at the same time. I have been soaking him every day and helping him shed manually. This has been helping a lot. I have also been feeding him more fish, and adding a little more COD liver oil to his food. His normal diet consists of this:

photo-3.jpg

I add liquid Ca and B12 to his food as well. Whenever he starts to get diarrhea I can tell that he is over nourished and I cut back to more rats or just ground turkey. I have a nice mist king system in his cage and plenty of water... I do not know what else I can do to help him. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Temps are at what they should be, so is humidity. Also have a nice 4 foot UVA/UVB bulb that he basks under often.

DavidRosi

When my Colombian comes into shed I up the humidity to 90-100% just for a short period.

Also worth adding cod liver oil to his meals.

If that's not working there's something called shed'aid... It's basically a spray you administer directly onto your reptile and it's helped mine a lot as he tends to not shed his feet and tail so well :)

Pyr0kinesis

If you don't have one put a large water bowl that he can soak himself in
also add a hide that will hold humidity

You could also add substrate that will hold a burrow like dirt and keep it damp so that it holds moisture

Thats all i can think of sorry hope he starts shedding better

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
What is the humidity in the enclosure? Any pics of your enclosure?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam