• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Has anyone fed phoenix worms to there tegu?

redtail2426

5 Year Member
I was wondering if anyone has used the phoenix worms as ive heard there high in calcium? I am trying to find the most nutritious worm out there, If anyone has any recommendations it would be appreciatted. Thanks.

G

I've fed Apollo phoenix worms before. He ate em, but wasn't very excited about it. He prefers Death Head roaches (not false death heads but real death heads) and Zophobas. Just started the Zophoba colony.

redtail2426

5 Year Member
Yeah I have a blaptica dubia colony going just waiting for them to populate a little more and then I will be feeding them off. What are zophobas?

G

redtail2426 said:
Yeah I have a blaptica dubia colony going just waiting for them to populate a little more and then I will be feeding them off. What are zophobas?

Zophoba is a kind of darkling beetle, most known for their pupae known as superworms.

redtail2426

5 Year Member
Does anyone have any experience with feeding night crawlers I was told that they are high in moisture and calcium but I was also told that they are dirty with bacteria and possibly pesticide and other stuff. I am wondering if it is safe to get ones from wal-mart?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602