• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Have any UK blues made it into the US?

Squam8

I've been using this site for blue research and I'm looking at posts from something like 6-7 years ago talking about the influx of about 100 "blues" coming into the UK. And some people were speculating that the influx will eventually broaden the US genepool, but I've not heard of this actually occurring. My assumption is that if it were easily done in a legal manner, it would have been done by now quite openly. And the fact that I can't find any info on it being done must mean it hasn't happened yet, or the sketchy legality of it is keeping people tight lipped. I'm totally ignorant on the legality of it, and in my ignorance I really have to think "what's the big deal?" and "why not bring some in?"

I'm sure I'm missing something here. This is all very new to me. I've been out of the hobby for so long that last time I kept reptiles, blues had barely just made it into the US, supposedly in the form of 6 individuals (but i know some people doubt this number).

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Good question. Hector Berrios of Hector's Habitat in Florida ought to know.

Zyn

I know Jon saint Pierre brought the first blues in, back in the late 90s I believe

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Ahh, Ron St. Pierre. I think he's still active in herpetoculture.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced