• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hello Everyone! (From Massachusetts)

Stacie

Hello!

My name is Stacie. I have an Argentine B&W (redbelly) tegu named Isabell. She's very sweet & loves people and being handled.

I am also a tarantula collector, beekeeper, ento&herp nerd.

Stacie

Isabell & I

Attachments

• Snapchat-6216490438381448005.jpg
    Snapchat-6216490438381448005.jpg
    729.4 KB · Views: 30

Stacie

I bought her from Zoo Creatures in Plaistow, NH in early June. They didn't know that much about her because they had just gotten her in around the time I got her. : / If I had to guess I would say she's maybe 1 year old?

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome. Nice looking tegu.

A firebelly. Is she from Tegusonly???

There's no such thing as a firebelly. That is just a made up term. A black and white is a black and white, some are whiter than others, some have reddish bellies, some are dark, etc.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yes, there is such a thing as fire belly. It is a morph that occurs naturally and is prized by some keepers.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Tegubuzz- I beg your pardon. Would you like to say what they are if not a morph of the species?? Furthermore, this ain't a matter of belief, it's fact.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Tegubuzz- I beg your pardon. Would you like to say what they are if not a morph of the species?? Furthermore, this ain't a matter of belief, it's fact.
They are black and whites with red tints to their bellies.

Breed a "firebelly" to a "firebelly", and you will not get "fire bellies". These occurred in nature primarily due to what they ate, the water they drank and the nutrients within the food/water they took in - much like a certain types of flamingos.

Edit: When I say in nature, I don't mean in their native lands - instead, referring to Florida, so not exactly nature.

snibborsirk

This whole Firebelly fad kind of makes me laugh! It's not like it's some new thing that suddenly hit the market. In fact the very first pair of captive bred hatchling arg b&ws I ever bought back in 1997 started developing a very prominent red orange belly after only a few weeks and kept it their entire life. Also got a yearling male from Bert at Agama Int in the early 2000s that had the bright orange belly. It's def not a trait just found in the wild Florida population and the coloration is def not just caused by what food and water they consume. Some b&ws just have reddish bellies just like some have a brighter white or a cream coloration. That's part of the fun to me in getting a hatchling cause you never quite know what you'll get with these guys!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hoeiyehi