• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hello, everyone we’re a new Tegu owner

Jennifer Frossard

Hello! After two years of researching and planning I got my Tegu, Nigel, this past Tuesday. I am in love with this beautiful boy❤️ He is 5 months old and right now we are in the process of building trust and hopefully bonding. I also have a rescued Bearded Dragon and a Leopard Gecko. I am not new to reptiles but definitely new on Tegus! I look forward to everyone’s advice and tips. Thank you!

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Hello! After two years of researching and planning I got my Tegu, Nigel, this past Tuesday. I am in love with this beautiful boy❤️ He is 5 months old and right now we are in the process of building trust and hopefully bonding. I also have a rescued Bearded Dragon and a Leopard Gecko. I am not new to reptiles but definitely new on Tegus! I look forward to everyone’s advice and tips. Thank you!

Hey ! What a cutie pie! I have 2 Florida rescues (Captain the female, and Skully the male) and am in the process of building a custom environment for them......I'm super excited to get that done. I also have a male Bearded Dragon named Jabba. My community tank has swifts, aligator lizards, and a banana split tree dragon - they are the cartoons in the house.

Everyone on this forum is helpful with their experiences, and knowledge - just have to ask! Good luck! :tegu::)

TripleTegus

Hey ! What a cutie pie! I have 2 Florida rescues (Captain the female, and Skully the male) and am in the process of building a custom environment for them......I'm super excited to get that done. I also have a male Bearded Dragon named Jabba. My community tank has swifts, aligator lizards, and a banana split tree dragon - they are the cartoons in the house.

Everyone on this forum is helpful with their experiences, and knowledge - just have to ask! Good luck! :tegu::)
Wow that community tank sounds pretty awesome. How big is it?

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Wow that community tank sounds pretty awesome. How big is it?

The tank they're in is a typical aquarium for now - it's 2x4'. Can't remember the gallons. I caught the 2 alligator lizards up in Idyllwild, Ca. where I have a house. They're actually USED to cold weather. There's a total of 5. They all get along too. The tree dragon has got the best comedy routine - but she's also the most flighty. The aligator lizards have tails that are longer than their bodies.....life is good without predators!! Lol

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
New insights about Debita. Neat.

Also, welcome to the site, Jennifer. Lots of experience and folks want you to succeed.

Quandor079

New to this forum, My new baby boy tegu (blue)is arriving on tuesday. It is my first tegu. I have my enclosure set up and have the lighting and temp set up. I am getting the humidity dialed in a little better each day. I have been living on Tegu Talk for the last 2-3 months trying to soak up as much knowledge as possible. I am not a big writer but I will definitely be reading and taking notes. Thank you for sharing all your collective knowledge that you have gotten over the years

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You're welcome Quandor. Your due diligence will pay off. You, too, will have experience to share.

TripleTegus

The tank they're in is a typical aquarium for now - it's 2x4'. Can't remember the gallons. I caught the 2 alligator lizards up in Idyllwild, Ca. where I have a house. They're actually USED to cold weather. There's a total of 5. They all get along too. The tree dragon has got the best comedy routine - but she's also the most flighty. The aligator lizards have tails that are longer than their bodies.....life is good without predators!! Lol
Are the alligator lizards a type of abronia? Also what is a tree dragon? Anyways the tank sounds really cool, and the fact you caught them yourself is even more cool.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980