• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hello Everyone!

BrandonM

Hello Everyone,
I am a new reptile dad. My new buddies name is Franky(wanted Thor the Thunder lizard but my 3 year insisted on Franky)He is a Argentine B&W. Anyways, We got Franky at the HERP Expo this weekend in Shawnee Oklahoma. I have researched on pet reptiles for the last month and a half, but the main focus was on Argentine B&W Tegu’s for the last month. We didn’t actually plan to get one this weekend as I wanted to get an enclosure and set it up first. But we did the dumb thing of buying one at the expo(Only say dumb for Franky’s sake). Well, we got Franky home with $700 in enclosure and supplies bought at the Expo for him. Before setting up his 120gal we bought, I wanted to get him in a proper temp/humidity enclosure so set up a 10 gal for him( This is very temporary).

Now more about Franky, he really doesn’t mind being held at all. While setting up the 10gal he chilled around the back of my neck. He does have a small portion of his tail that was apparently dropped and regrew. Not sure on his age as the Expo was very busy, but I am awaiting for a message from the breeder about his age. I roughly from snout to base of his tail and he is roughly 12-15”. Besides the tail drop he seemed to be dehydrated because he had wrinkles(read on reptifiles that’s a sign of dehydration). He drank some water today when he came out of burrowing so hopefully that helps. I did look him over thoroughly before purchasing him and those were the only two things that seemed off. We are leaving him alone for a week so he can adjust, but have been offering food just in case he is hungry. Hopefully will only have to disturb him when I move him from the 10gal to the 120gal.

Anyways, I am a happy reptidad and look forward to talking to people on here!

Here is a picture with him on the wife the day we got him.
CF6F495A-C3D4-47A2-A906-81F192318E61.jpeg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980