• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hello everyone

KlausfromCA

Hello everyone this is Klaus greeting from LA, I'm new here and I'm new for tegu. I'm plan to get a tegu on reptile show on January. I just starting doing my research for tegu just in case I know what will happen ahead time. I have my enclosure ready is a 2x4x4 close chamber enclosure, two light fixture on each side, the center has a tube light fixture for UVB light (If tegu needs I do not know yet). I have been keep my spotted turtles and blue tongue skin for 1 years, so I got some experience for keeping reptiles. If there are anything I need to know or any recommend color for the tegu I'm about to getting please let me know, very appreciate!

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome. Research the vendor. Plenty of unscrupulous vendors out there, even at shows.

An adultcArgentine or Red will tequire at least 8 ft X 4 ft for length and width.

Yoyng'uns grow quickly to about 3 ft in a year.

Check out posts. Lots of good info. by evermore experienced keepers.

KlausfromCA

Welcome. Research the vendor. Plenty of unscrupulous vendors out there, even at shows.

An adultcArgentine or Red will tequire at least 8 ft X 4 ft for length and width.

Yoyng'uns grow quickly to about 3 ft in a year.

Check out posts. Lots of good info. by evermore experienced keepers.
For sure,thank you!

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Don't forget to consider the Florida rescues that are sold by Rodney Irwin. Great Black and White Argentine Tegus, and he's easy to talk with to get what you want. His prices are better too. I have 2 of them, and they're beauties.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Don't forget to consider the Florida rescues that are sold by Rodney Irwin. Great Black and White Argentine Tegus, and he's easy to talk with to get what you want. His prices are better too. I have 2 of them, and they're beauties.
My personal favorite.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
My personal favorite.

Hey Walter1!!
Here's a couple of pics of them today - Skully, (2yrs old) the 48" male - and Captain, the smaller female almost a yr old.
20200106_161203 - Edited.jpg
20191118_130823 (2020-01-06T23_37_36.976).jpg

Husband standing in as the Tegu handler.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Ha! That's incredible! Is Oscar your new addition after Rosita's departure? (and thanks!)
Oscar's my first with Rosita. A few years older than Skully. Itching for him to wake up for a photo. These males get beefy for sure. Another Rodney male I have, Jingles, is now showing jowls.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Beefy is the word. You'd think they were pumping iron every hour (instead of leisurely processing their food under the sun lamp)..... Y'know - Skully is about 2 now, and has never brumated yet. Not really worried about it but I wonder why he doesn't give me a break? :rolleyes:

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They both look great Debita and wow yes skully is a beast ...... I can only imagine the brute force of an Argentine but at times I'm glad as Alpha is powerful enough when hes been a d*#k.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
They both look great Debita and wow yes skully is a beast ...... I can only imagine the brute force of an Argentine but at times I'm glad as Alpha is powerful enough when hes been a d*#k.

Hahahaha! Everyone purchasing a Tegu should know there are those moments, right? My thumb is fully healed, but I will never forget the hydraulic vice grip he had on me. Over half my thumb was being held hostage........Beefy Beasts!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam