• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hello from Detroit!

Chu

All my life I thought I was a cat person... Seems I was wrong!

Got Chu (black and white) in June when I finally moved out of my parents house. He was a month old when I brought him to our new home and he's been perfect! Chu has been friendly and very trusting-- much more than I anticipated. A lot of sources suggested it would take weeks or months for him to become fully comfortable with me, but wasn't the case at all. He's eager to be pet and insists on going for shoulder rides (and pocket rides).

I'm happy to finally join online here because the all of the knowledge available has been incredibly helpful these last few months. I have one imminent question for anyone reading: why is his tail not shedding when the rest of body does with ease? His tail has never shed in whole pieces even with plenty of humidity. His tail 'shed' has consisted of a few tiny hard flakes off the bottom over the course of his entire life. Is this a danger to his tail? Anything I can do?

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
All my life I thought I was a cat person... Seems I was wrong!

Got Chu (black and white) in June when I finally moved out of my parents house. He was a month old when I brought him to our new home and he's been perfect! Chu has been friendly and very trusting-- much more than I anticipated. A lot of sources suggested it would take weeks or months for him to become fully comfortable with me, but wasn't the case at all. He's eager to be pet and insists on going for shoulder rides (and pocket rides).

I'm happy to finally join online here because the all of the knowledge available has been incredibly helpful these last few months. I have one imminent question for anyone reading: why is his tail not shedding when the rest of body does with ease? His tail has never shed in whole pieces even with plenty of humidity. His tail 'shed' has consisted of a few tiny hard flakes off the bottom over the course of his entire life. Is this a danger to his tail? Anything I can do?
Welcome.

Tails can be tricky sometimes. Best advice I have is fish oil pills and a hide with moist sphagnum.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980