• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hello, I've got a sleeping question.

Courtney6j99

Hello, I just got my tegu in September and was wondering if it's normal for him to sleep about 18 hours a day since I've had him? Just seems like a long time to sleep everyday. He wakes up around 6-7am and goes to sleep around 12-1pm everyday so I just wanted to make sure that was a normal thing and he's okay. He's about 5 to 6 months old.

Attachments

• 20211225_120808.jpg
    20211225_120808.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 5
  • 20211211_102611.jpg
    20211211_102611.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 4

Acre

My three are only really active 6-8 hours a day.
While this is speculation, in nature I would imagine conservation of energy is selected for. When conditions are optimal tegus move to find food, mate, etc. Otherwise they just chill. I live in Arizona. Our Gila Monsters do nothing but sack out in their burrows 8 months out of the year.

Courtney6j99

My three are only really active 6-8 hours a day.
While this is speculation, in nature I would imagine conservation of energy is selected for. When conditions are optimal tegus move to find food, mate, etc. Otherwise they just chill. I live in Arizona. Our Gila Monsters do nothing but sack out in their burrows 8 months out of the year.
Okay, thank you! Today he only stayed up for 5 hours and that just seems like so much sleep I thought maybe he was sick but he's always active and eating so he must just be sleepy lol

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam