• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hello TeguTalk!!

DragonsNDoodles

Hi everyone!!

I've had my blue tegu for one year now. His name is Salty, and I pulled him out of my local animal control center after he was caught roaming a residential area. The pest control guys who caught him caused his tail to drop, and it hasn't grown back unfortunately. This does make him quite compact, on the plus side!!

He's currently in a 4x2x2 Showcase Cage (which was my tortoise's baby cage) but my boyfriend is building him an 8x4x2 cage that should be ready in a couple weeks.

Anyway, hello everyone!!! Salty is excited to be here. I'm attaching a picture of him when he was brand new last year, and a crappy picture of him from yesterday.

Attachments

• salty brand new.jpg
    salty brand new.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 24
  • salty yesterday.jpg
    salty yesterday.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 21

DragonsNDoodles

Thanks!

No clue. The scars were actually already healed over when I got him, but the tail was freshly dropped.

4 other male tegus were found in the same vicinity (1 other blue, 2 black and whites, and one red), and the red was extremely beaten up. He ended up being adopted by an exotic vet, and the other three were adopted out by a reptile rescue. Mine was the only one who ended up at the shelter, luckily.

I'm assuming that a local "breeder" or "collector" was housing a bunch of tegus together and released extra males or something. They were all subadult males. Maybe my boy got some scars from cohabbing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980