• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hello!

Ashley Dissen

I do not have a tegu but I do have a bearded dragon. I have been researching tegus for a few months and will be getting one soon hopefully. I'd like to get a black and white argentine as soon as I make my move to Phoenix. I'll take all the helpful hints in finding the right one or places in the surprise az area that are credible !!

lizardwizard

I do not have a tegu but I do have a bearded dragon. I have been researching tegus for a few months and will be getting one soon hopefully. I'd like to get a black and white argentine as soon as I make my move to Phoenix. I'll take all the helpful hints in finding the right one or places in the surprise az area that are credible !!

Hey there! I actually live in Glendale, so pretty close! There are quite a few reptile shops in the Tempe/Mesa area that are reputable. :) The breeder I got my girl, Tohru, from used to live in Arizona and some of the shops will be selling his hatchlings.

Ashley Dissen

Hey there! I actually live in Glendale, so pretty close! There are quite a few reptile shops in the Tempe/Mesa area that are reputable. :) The breeder I got my girl, Tohru, from used to live in Arizona and some of the shops will be selling his hatchlings.

awesome!! thanks for the info. we lived in Glendale a few years ago =) on bell and 67th but now we are wwaaayyyyy on the other end of bell. is there any research you wish you would have done before getting a tegu?? ive done mostly on eating and a little on them hibernating

lizardwizard

awesome!! thanks for the info. we lived in Glendale a few years ago =) on bell and 67th but now we are wwaaayyyyy on the other end of bell. is there any research you wish you would have done before getting a tegu?? ive done mostly on eating and a little on them hibernating

Oh hey, that’s super close to where I live now, though I’m moving a little closer to downtown Glendale in a few weeks!

I tried to read everything I possibly could about tegus before I got one, but there are some things that you just can’t learn from reading — I’ve found this forum really helpful (past topics and questions I’ve asked myself) as well as Facebook groups — The Tegu-phile on Facebook has been really great with questions and they have a good document section which has a lot of information on tegu care.

I think the only thing I wish I read more about was bioactive setups and substrate. Tohru isn’t in her permanent house yet, but I’m probably going to do a bioactive setup for her once I move her — right now she’s just on a mix of playsand, peat moss, and topsoil. Regardless of what kind of substrate you use, I’d recommend seeing what you can find locally at a nursery or Home Depot/Lowe’s garden center. If you’re not sure if something is safe, definitely ask and read all of the ingredients — one fo the topsoil I thought was safe had bat guano in it, which I caught right before I bought it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced