• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hello

Iain

Hi all

I am getting my first Tegu soon, he should arrive by the second week of January. An Argentine black and white that we are going to call Tiny. Vivarium is in place, but not sorted the temperature yet, but will do that in the week before I get him so I can make sure the temperature gradient is ok. Already have 3 beardies, a collard lizard, 2 leopard geckos, a corn snake, 2 parrots and 2 cats. Never had a lizard this big before, I suspect some challenges await :)

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum. Lots of experience here. Check out threads and ask questions.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Hi all

I am getting my first Tegu soon, he should arrive by the second week of January. An Argentine black and white that we are going to call Tiny. Vivarium is in place, but not sorted the temperature yet, but will do that in the week before I get him so I can make sure the temperature gradient is ok. Already have 3 beardies, a collard lizard, 2 leopard geckos, a corn snake, 2 parrots and 2 cats. Never had a lizard this big before, I suspect some challenges await :)

You'll do great!! For me it isn't the size so much as those sharp claws that you have to keep in check. Smaller lizards are a breeze compared to these guys! I have 2 rescues from Florida, and I love them.

Iain

Yes, the sharp claws have left some marks. Having to wear a long sleeved shirt for the first time in years lol.

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
hello and welcome ........ yes, you better get used to the scratches mine just seam to clear up and then like magic I gain a whole new set......LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced