• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hello

Showman

My name is Shawn I purchased a Tagu yesterday I’ve been obsessed with Tagus for months so I finally got one I’m nervous about his environment what substrate do I use that’s best he’s only 3 months old! Also I’m confused about what To feed the little guy. I live in PA it’s getting cold now and my little guy checked out his environment yesterday then he hid for the rest of the day !

Attachments

• 1107EA23-058F-49B8-A98B-EEB5F00586B9.jpeg
    1107EA23-058F-49B8-A98B-EEB5F00586B9.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
  • 1DE88DA5-BD08-4624-BFBC-B09350FF448E.jpeg
    1DE88DA5-BD08-4624-BFBC-B09350FF448E.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5

rantology

Welcome, and congratulations on the new baby! :)

You can ideally pick up Cypress Mulch, Top Soil, and Peat Moss at your local hardware store for a few bucks (make sure no chemicals or harmful additives) and mix 1 part each for a nice substrate that will hold moisture well & provide good, aerated digging medium. Put enough for about 4-6 inches deep, so it holds lots of moisture and he can dig. Not so much as to make it soggy though. Basking spot of 110-115 degrees, a good UVB source and a nice little hide are the other essentials.

For food, you can check out "the big list" - You can't go wrong with whole prey (smaller items but more as opposed to larger but fewer - start with small pinkies or fuzzy mice). They also love calcium dusted insects when young, crickets or roaches and whatnot. Supplement the staple proteins with equal parts fruit and some chopped veggies (they generally dont eat veggies by themselves so you have to be a bit clever about "hiding" them in other foods). Egg as occasional treat.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam