• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hello!!

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
My name is Jane and I operate Mid Michigan Reptile Rescue. I also keep several species for my own enjoyment, including Tegus for the last 9 years. I've kept all of the available Tegus, including my first, a young Columbian. Currently I have 1.1 Argentine B/W and 1.3 Reds. I also keep several species of Cyclura, Ctenosaurs, and monitors.
I don't have a lot of time to spend online but I hope to be able to check in occasionally and see what's new in the world of Tegus.
485male_red_tegu.jpeg

485P10102112.JPG

dorton

5 Year Member
Welcome!
The first pic you posted is one of the coolest tegu pics I have seen!
The two in the pic below it are awesome too.
Check back often!

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
Thanks! That first pic is Clifford who was actually a rescue. The second photo is a het for albino female and one of her offspring that we hatched a few years back.

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome! Those are some of the prettiest tegu pics I've ever seen.

mdmtmm

5 Year Member
Welcome! If this is Jiffypop then you have given me alot of great tips in the past with my rhinos from just reading your posts on kingsnake over the years.

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
Yeah, that's me. I've been jiffypop for about 16 years now. LOL Hope your Rhino/s are doing well. They are still my all time favorite herp. Thanks for the welcome. Here are a few of my other critters.
Picture042-2.jpg

Picture069.jpg

485P1010099.JPG

485bakeri1.jpeg

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome to the TeguTalk community, glad to have you join us. You have some of the most awesome animals, thanks for sharing them with us!! :wink:

Der-Boa-Lieber

5 Year Member
Awsome, just bloody awsome!! I could never work as a rescue person, i would run out of room from wanting to keep everything.....i had my house filled up with animals in the past, i wouldn't want to see my house if i rescued everything :lol:

I love all of the pics you posted, please post more!! and welcome!

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
Thanks. I've received some potentially beautiful animals into the rescue, they just were not given the chance to reach their full potential. I have purchased a few animals over the years also but I've learned that if there is something that I want to keep if I am patient it will eventually come into rescue.
Two years ago we answered a call from Michigan Humane Society that they had obtained 28 lizards from an owner that had passed away. They told us that there were 4 iguanas and the rest were monitors, niles and savs. This was heartbreaking since these species can be difficult to place. When we arrived I felt like a kid in a candy store! The iguanas were 2 pair of Cyclura! Then we started on the monitors! Blue tails, peachthroats, waters, timors, argus, whitethroats, and crocs, all in pairs. The other animals were all Tegus...B/W, Reds, and a pair of Blue/Red crosses. We have been lucky to place all of these lizards except for a couple that we kept. Clifford the Red Tegu came from this group.

greentriple

5 Year Member
At the risk of being repetitive, your photo's are beautiful, and reflect such love and care for your animals. I hope you do hang out here and share your tips and secrets with us, I for one hope to have pets that look as splendid as you do.

BTW - and aside. What does it mean when people list 1.3 Tegu, etc...?

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
The numbers denote the sex of the animals. The first number represents males, second number is females and the third number is animals of unknown sex. For example, if I have 5 Tegus and I list them as 1.2.2. that would mean I have 1 male, 2 females, and 2 of unknown sex.

COWHER

5 Year Member
greentriple said:
At the risk of being repetitive, your photo's are beautiful, and reflect such love and care for your animals. I hope you do hang out here and share your tips and secrets with us, I for one hope to have pets that look as splendid as you do.
I could not have put it better we can tell that you really care for these guys and we hope you can help us as we go. keep up the awesome work! :lol: :lol: :lol:

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
I appreciate all of the kind words, folks. Over the last 10 years the reptiles have become more of a lifestyle than a hobby. On average I am usually caring for about 2 dozen green iguanas plus all of the other animals that come into rescue. I spend about 5 hours a day cleaning, preparing food, feeding, socializing and doing medical treatments when necessary. As a member of the Michigan Society of Herpetologists, the Chicago Herp Society, and the IRCF I also do a lot of educational presentations. The MSH is hosting the 2008 Midwest Herpetological Symposium in November and we have some great speakers lined up. Sign up and come on out, Y'all!! Info at...
http://www.michherp.org/24midwest.html

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced