• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Help - concerned about impaction

Domenic

Hi everyone,

My tegu started laying on her side today in her enclosure. She went to the bathroom earlier today and passed a urate with plenty of pee, however she has looked like she was trying to pass something several times since then. I soaked her once already for about 20 minutes and will be doing it again soon to see if it helps. She has not gone poop in about 8 days, so I'm getting worried. Please, ant help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Zyn

I'd soak her for longer than 20 mins just keep checking the water temps. I don't fill it to the point they can't touch but I've had sev soak for an hour or more and he's always gone in there. But I don't think he's ever been impacted sorry can't help much more on that front.

onnie0047

Hi everyone,

My tegu started laying on her side today in her enclosure. She went to the bathroom earlier today and passed a urate with plenty of pee, however she has looked like she was trying to pass something several times since then. I soaked her once already for about 20 minutes and will be doing it again soon to see if it helps. She has not gone poop in about 8 days, so I'm getting worried. Please, ant help would be appreciated.

Thank you
What is the status on the tegu? Update please.

Last edited:

ag3nt 0rang3

Mine is also going thru thus right now. She hasnt past her last small rat :( bern doing soaking and belly rub sessions too. If not past today or tomorrow ill take her to vet

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hoeiyehi