• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Help? Emergency

KayleeD

so my Tegu started acting a little weird yesterday so I bathed him and offered him some food which he only ate a small bit then seemed better, but today he’s been a little sluggish again, but basking some so it seemed like an improvement. As of 30 minutes ago he has something protruding from his vent? It looks like organs so I’m really worried. I’ve rinsed it off and placed him in a smaller cage until I know what to do so he doesn’t hurt himself. Anybody know what this is or how I can fix it? I’m really worried about my baby, any help is appreciated, thank you <3

Attachments

• DF29B653-8DFE-4DBB-9278-6FCB772D0C68.jpeg
    DF29B653-8DFE-4DBB-9278-6FCB772D0C68.jpeg
    969.3 KB · Views: 35

Zyn

He prolapsed, if it hasn’t gone back in by now he needs to see a vet for surgery.

I believe you can try soaking them in sugar water, to reduce sweating enough for it to go back in on its own. But I’ve never had a prolapse in my reptiles I think a few here have dealt with it and will be better able to aid you.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602