• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Help! Is my boy horny or prolapsing?

AnimalNerd

My almost 2 year old blue boy is being aggressive/horny and has been latching onto and attempting to mount socks, shirts, pillows, my gloves hands, etc. I've also noticed he may be a bit constipated as his poops have been minimal/hes been really straining to go. Today he grabbed one of my gloves, did his mounting wriggle, then he suddenly contorted his body/would not move and I noticed a big ted protrusion coming out of his vent. It retracted almost immediately before i could look closely and there appeared to be some seminal fluid he got on my jeans. He was extremely lethargic/not well looking after that and just wanted to bask. So my question is: did my boy just experience a prolapse and I need to get him to the vet asap or not to mince words was he just being gross and horny and jizzed on me? He seems to be recovering from that initial lethargy but I'm extremely worried. If it's just him being horny how do I discourage him from trying that with me?

AnimalNerd

He is behaving as if nothing happened. And it appears what I witnessed is him being 100% horny. Given his constipation I will keep a close eye to make sure he isn't experiencing any complications. Any tips on how to correct his behavior when he tries to be horny with me?

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Horny is my guess - and you might want to re-direct it! Lol... If he starts that behavior, it's time to go back into the house where he can have some private time, and learn some manners. They're super smart - he'll get it soon enough. This is pretty funny though. Good on you for hanging in there! And, as far as I know, prolapse isn't at all an exposure of the hemipenes, it's protruding tissue that may or may not retract. It often does, but if not - could be serious. Make sure he's drinking, and getting a fish oil supplement in his diet.

AnimalNerd

Horny is my guess - and you might want to re-direct it! Lol... If he starts that behavior, it's time to go back into the house where he can have some private time, and learn some manners. They're super smart - he'll get it soon enough. This is pretty funny though. Good on you for hanging in there! And, as far as I know, prolapse isn't at all an exposure of the hemipenes, it's protruding tissue that may or may not retract. It often does, but if not - could be serious. Make sure he's drinking, and getting a fish oil supplement in his diet.
Oh it's definitely horniness, and his constipation has since cleared up since writing this after a diet change. The things they don't tell female tegu owners lmao. If he gets randy with me I put him in time out or divert his attention to a dog toy or one of my leather gloves. I was prepared for guberty aggression but not horniness lol.. He seems to be slowly getting the idea I am not a viable option and has even come to me for pets and cuddles a few times now. So now I just have to focus on optimizing his enclosure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980