• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Help (new tegu won't eat)

Harry Pawter

Hi I got a Argentine female tegu who is 2 about three weeks ago. She has not eaten and I have tried everything what do I do? I need help.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
What are you feeding? They can hold out for quite awhile, especially when they are put into new homes. 3 weeks is a long time though - I mean, she must look pretty sick if she's eating nothing.

land77

mine hasnt been eating anything other than licking some fruit for about 5-6 days idk what to do but you might try raising the temperature or giving it a basking area if you havent already

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
I agree with land77 - we kind of don't have enough information to answer your question, because it could easily be a temp problem.

MiuMiu

Hi I got a Argentine female tegu who is 2 about three weeks ago. She has not eaten and I have tried everything what do I do? I need help.
My young tegu had this problem when I brought her home. I'd get her checked by a vet but mine just needed a hotter basking area. They're very likely to loose their appetite over temperature they don't like

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam