• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Help! (she freaks out)

Stacyms93

I got mine recently and whenever I walk slowly to her tank, she freaks out and starts bounding off the walls then scared me so we basically scare each other. Did I already ruin our friendship?

MoccaTM

I got mine recently and whenever I walk slowly to her tank, she freaks out and starts bounding off the walls then scared me so we basically scare each other. Did I already ruin our friendship?
Imo you should be fine, just be calm yourself and just near the tank until she calms down talking to her.

Stacyms93

Imo you should be fine, just be calm yourself and just near the tank until she calms down talking to
Imo you should be fine, just be calm yourself and just near the tank until she calms down talking to her.
Okay cool. So I have an open tank does that matter as well ?

MoccaTM

The worst thing you can do is let the tegu build the habit that the tank is his territory and his alone, it will be constantly defensive if you do that. Regardless of open or closed tank you need to establish that it's a shared space and be messing with the enclosure at the bare minimum. You can't respect their space too much or you won't grow your bond with it, it will just avoid you

EcoV

5 Year Member
Stacy,
A few questions - what's your "tank" set up? Size, hides, give a full description. How long have you had your tegu? Where did you get it - pet store, breeder, show? How old is he/she?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602