• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

TeguTeep

yes, this is another Tegu escape thread. She escaped once before and stayed put right where she got out on the counter. We decided to put heavy weights on the top of her enclosure as an intermediate bandaid until we could get her a bigger enclosure. However one of us I guess had a brain lapse last night and forgot to put the weights back on her cage which is weird because I remember them being there when I turned her lights off before bed. Either way we came back and she’s gone again. There is stuff askew in multiple rooms of the house, but luckily the door to the closet/bedroom was shut tight (no air at the bottom of the door either). We’ve basically turned this place upside down and there isn’t a way to get outside for her either. There’s two poop spots from her which are under the couch and in the bathroom/laundry room. Either way we’ve looked in every nook and cranny, under and in the couch cushions and picked up every article of clothing/blanket laying around. We cannot seem to find her. Do y’all have any tips or tricks that can work? Fortunately our AC is broken so the house stays at a constant 82-85ish degrees everywhere so she’s likely not to stay in one place to warm up.

Tizzay89

Yeah.

Get some smelly fish place in spots you think are most likely it will be or go. If it doesnt like fish try eggs precooked. Raw meat etc. Something with a good smell that will carry. Also have water dishes everywhere as dehydrating is what will kill it long b4 it starves.

It will hide in clothes couches under bed in the matting anywhere and everywhere.

U can place flour on floor over night to see if it leaves tracks.

Place basking lights aswell. The tegu will seek these out even if your air temp is 85.

Check fridge dryer dish washer etc. These have hot spots the tegu may go to.

With food n water down really u just have a indoor lizard lol best of luck and ppl have lost tegus for months at a time and have found again.

Merlot

**** I would listen to tizzay. Soemthing stinky and good lying around is a good way. I’ve heard a lot of people’s Gu gets stuck in the couches man. Check the little wholes by all the pipes under the sinks. Don’t forget to still dust with calcium lol they can smell that. Set up a heating pad maybe if you can’t hang basking lights everywhere. Let a head pad on the ground with food next to that?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam