• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Help with heat

Randall Kennedy

I currently have my Tegu in an 8x4x4 foot enclosure and he wants to hide all the time, temps in the cold side never get above the 70s and on the hot side it is about 88. I’ve put 3 250 watt ceramic heat emitters above the enclosure on screens that were built into my custom enclosure Along with a 150 mega ray Mvb bulb. The garage was the only place I can keep the enclosure at, so I built it out there. I live in NC so during the summer it’s perfect, and I can even raise the garage door to let in humidity ect.. is there anything else I can do to raise the temperature up? I leave his basking bulb on all night and the ceramic emitters are always running.

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I’ve put 3 250 watt ceramic heat emitters above the enclosure on screens that were built into my custom enclosure Along with a 150 mega ray Mvb bulb.???

If I'm thinking this right......... hang the bulbs in the enclosure and cover over (most) the screens to stop heat escaping but make sure you leave a little ventilation.

pics might be a good idea and help us out more though??

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam