• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Help With My New Tegu

Jackp

Hello, Im Jack and I have a female argentine b&w tegu named Lola. I got lola at an expo and she is about 30 inches long. She eats like a tank but doesnt seem to love me haha. Whenever I go in her cage she hisses and has just recently started tail whipping and lunging at my hands. Any help with taming?

Thanks,
Jack And Lola

Zyn

Takes time they aren't dogs. Lots of threads all over this forum about taming do a quick search and you'll find a few 100. Cheers and welcome

mia exotic

Hello, Im Jack and I have a female argentine b&w tegu named Lola. I got lola at an expo and she is about 30 inches long. She eats like a tank but doesnt seem to love me haha. Whenever I go in her cage she hisses and has just recently started tail whipping and lunging at my hands. Any help with taming?

Thanks,
Jack And Lola

Hye Jack ..
All it takes is patience n time , the more time u spend wth them, then thy will get to knw u well . I had tht a few times with me Teddy. Wen ever i wanted to put his food plate , he starts whipping his tail n wanted to bite me . So wht i did is , i stopped feeding him in his tank. I f my gloves for me to easily pick him up, then i started to feed him in my bathroom , he's really knws which one is his plate , he does remember & also i've started his ' potty train' about a mth ago , n its starting to work.. it took me months to get close to him, goggled here n thr , saw video n learn more bout their habits etc n yes once i did loose my patience n wanted
to gv up on him. Bt nw ... he's my lovely bby & i love him so much .. Gud luck Jack & Lola . U guys will b fine one day .. cheers !

Attachments

• 865CC2FD-D208-412A-A732-EBCCC29E4B65.jpeg
    865CC2FD-D208-412A-A732-EBCCC29E4B65.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18

Guman

Hye Jack ..
All it takes is patience n time , the more time u spend wth them, then thy will get to knw u well . I had tht a few times with me Teddy. Wen ever i wanted to put his food plate , he starts whipping his tail n wanted to bite me . So wht i did is , i stopped feeding him in his tank. I f my gloves for me to easily pick him up, then i started to feed him in my bathroom , he's really knws which one is his plate , he does remember & also i've started his ' potty train' about a mth ago , n its starting to work.. it took me months to get close to him, goggled here n thr , saw video n learn more bout their habits etc n yes once i did loose my patience n wanted
to gv up on him. Bt nw ... he's my lovely bby & i love him so much .. Gud luck Jack & Lola . U guys will b fine one day .. cheers !
She has given some great advise. My son and the rest of us have handled our Ragu daily! Since he has been ill he has seen us even more. He has been gettin shots every other day and is doing well with that. Take your time.

onnie0047

I have two, one a BW Female and one a Red Male. Both in same enclosure. Their sex is questionable at this point, the red was sold as a male, its up in the air with the BW. The BW was wild caught in Florida and the Red is captive bred. I got the BW first and the Red about 30 days later. As of this post the BW, Oscar I have had 108 days. it was so scared of me he dropped its tail on day one. At day 28 still was still giving the the stink eye, running and jumping, but never open its mouth at me to bite me since I had received it. On the 29 day, I reached in to give him a bath, and the BW just laid there waiting for me to pick it up. Today I think its going through the terrible twos because while its still waits for me to pick it up, when I do it wants to explore and refuses to settle down until I let it.

Now the red well he is a totally different story. I have had him for 80 days as of this post, and until just this week he gave me the stink eye, huffs and puffs and makes clicking sounds, smacks his tail at me, jumps as high as he can and runs from one side of his enclosure to the other just to get away. refuses to settle down when I hold him, BUT I have noticed in the last few days he is no longer huffs and puffs or clicks. So I guess little by little he is starting to calm down. He is about the most fussy eater of 3 Tegus I have had, right now he is on a beef liver and chicken heart kick. he is afraid of mice live or frozen, and wont even go near the plate. He seems to enjoy the challenge of always grabbing the largest piece of meat on the plate and working it down his gullet. At the time I introduced them to each other, they were relatively the same size, the BW being just a bit larger in length and weight. As of today the BW is definitely several inches longer and about 3 times the weight of the Red male.

I guess all I was saying was, same treatment, same enclosure, different results....I keep working with the red male, Felix, Im sure he will come around, but he is like my youngest son.....difficult at times, lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam