• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Help with Red Tail

ApriliaRufo

5 Year Member
Hey guys. I've looked into red tail prices and they're not cheap by my standards, but the herp society has a retention female that bred last year apparently, and I'm hoping to breed her again. They're only asking 50$ and I'm considerring it. I was thinking about making Ralphy's awesome enclosure but I need some specifics on if the cage needs to be bigger than that. The previous owner said she was fed on jumbo rats and f/t pigs so I'm sure you can understand she's a beast. Anyone have any experience? Know anything about size? Diet? Demeanor? Tips? Anything would help. Might pick her up tonight.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They are awesome animals, females can get up to 10ft long. Some are nice, yet others don't like people. They are fairly easy to keep, they do require a far size enclosure 3 x 4 feet or larger. They are also tropical and need a good heat source.

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
We normally keep our adult boas in 6x3x3 enclosures. We have a couple of enclosures that are 4 foot tall and the boas do seem to utilize the vertical space.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam