• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Help

Neeko

I found a great looking pair of 1.1 red for sale on kingsnake.com I talk with the seller he sounded legit. Asked him about the guys and he gave me information etc. Ive never had a problem with Kingsnake.com seller. I paid through paypal with my credit card. A day later I saw the ad was up. being a curious person I emailed on another email address "inquiring" about the Tegus and the reply was still for sale etc. I feel Im getting scammed and Im not exactly sure how to go about just saw the email on my second account and im freaking out. Bought cages and lamps etc and I could use help on what to do. Can I call some federal agency, should i call my bankand tell them I've been scammed I have have my pay pal receipt but most of the deal was over the phone.

Kebechet

File a dispute with the seller via paypal within 30 days to get your money back. Otherwise paypal won't listen. Your bank would tell you that because it went through paypal you would have to deal with them. If you could tell us how long it's supposed to be until you get your tegus through this seller, that would be good too.

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Did they say you were buying the tegus pictured? They could be posting 1.1 at a time to get more impulse buys.. I'd contact the seller and ask what's going on with the ad before doing anything else. It's possible you haven't been scammed so much as misled by a "savvy" kingsnake seller. If that's the case, I'm sorry and hope things work out in your favor.

Neeko

Well on my second account I emailed him to contact me via my girlfriends number since its a diff area code. The ad stated pictures shown are the Tegus. I even commented on the pictures to him saying they look great. He said yeah they do. I hope I'm not being scamed. I saved a small pictures of the Tegus to compare if he ships different ones. I'm glad I have 30 days with pay pal. Thanks for all the help.

jerobi2k

That guy had two pairs about 2 weeks ago, the ones posted and another pair.. so four total and he had two seperate adds one add for each pair. my guess is he took down one add and still has the other pair as well. I Was watching both adds and saw the 2nd add had been down for a week. I think you are ok here Neeko, I check Kingsnake daily, so Im guessing thats what happened.

Neeko

Ok thanks, I may of over reacted but they cost a good amount at least for me so being scammed would suck. thanks for looking out.

Neeko

So I called the number I've contacted the seller by now only rings once the says the user isn't answering his phone. Auto mated message.

jerobi2k

I think you should turn on the TV kick your feet up and relax, the anxiety of waiting on your new babies may be getting the best of you, we all get a little over excited when waiting on a package with little ones, Im sure it will be fine. It is Sunday so who knows what the seller is up to? :D Ill cross my fingers for you and that should do it!

Neeko

well, i googled the 2 email addresses i was given, and ive seen a bit of unhappy customers with them. i cant reach them, others haven either and some one said they mostly deal with wild caught/ imports. Here are the email addresses, color creations [email protected] and [email protected] 2nd had bad reviews. I should of done my research, i got complacent with good people on kingsnake.com.

jerobi2k

I totally agree but dont count yourself out yet, still might end up being a smooth transaction. best of luck buddy! Ill keep my fingers crossed, so keep us posted. -Mat

Neeko

I'm gonna call pay pal first see what i can do, i rather not receive animals from them. Whether or not they are the ones or others.

Update** ok, i contacted pay pal, and apparently as a buy your protected if you arrival is dead, not what was pictured etc. So im feeling confident now that if something is shipped and its dead or not what it is i can file a dispute with pay pal. They even said their live guarantee doesn't have any thing to really do with pay pal and that if they are dead you can dispute. I wish this didnt happen or me over reacting but when you're sellers contact number seems to be disconnected I think you should worry and take a precautionary step.

Neeko

Update, they are on transit. Worst customer service ever. Seller didn't give me tracking or call to say they are shipping. Cell is disconnected, had to Google email addresses to fin a hard line to call. The distributor said I dealt with a middle man and that she could only give me the tracking number. Also that they deal with imports exports. So he maybe have sold me wc... Also the distributor only verified something was sent not what it was... Eta 3pm

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
For future reference use fauna's BOI to check the vendor you are thinking of buying from.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
There are ALOT of bad people in the reptile business. Too many people are in it just for the money.

Neeko

They came in with a weird, maybe broken foot and the other has a broken tail basically falling off. Such a shame that they aren't mint.... yes i know I should love them regardless but its nice to have something to be prideful of. I am emailing pics to the seller and distributor i might ask for half my money back and see how they take that offer or just send them back for a refund. These companies need to see that they cant sell bad product and expect to get away with it by disconnecting phones and not giving contact information etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam