• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

he's got the shakes??

tegu1982

5 Year Member
ok so i was getting my b/w out to feed a few minutes ago and i noticed that it was trembling in my hand , and after i put him down. i dont know the cause and im really conserned. has anyone had this happen before and what should i do? please help asap. :(

AB^

5 Year Member
Might be a symptom of Metabolic Bone Disease (MBD) I'd take it to a vet as a precaution. It's much easier to deal with (if that is the problem) if caught early on.

AB^

5 Year Member
It is not a contagious thing. It basically has to do with Dietary Calcium,Phosphorous, and UVB. Google -Metabolic Bone Disease or MBD and you should get a wealth of information, mind you what I stated was merely a guess. A vet can tell you for sure and set you on the right path.

devine*

5 Year Member
sometimes my new tegu trembles when I pick him up but then he's fine when i put him down, I beleive he just a bit nervous being up so high

but you say he does this when he's on the ground too? if so I would take him to a vet.

Gx3

5 Year Member
My tegu hasn't had the shakes at all, but I have had lizards in the past that would be kind of jerky when they were moving (kinda like shaking?) and it was because they were not warm enough. Are your temps all good?

tegu1982

5 Year Member
my temps i think were actually too hot and i talked with bobby and he recomended a new light cuz the one i had wasnt sufficiant enough for a uv source. thankyou for your concern.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam