• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hey everyone!

Aasira's mom

62939429-747E-42A8-BBDE-B9759611D798.jpeg C8DCF225-70B7-4277-B977-0BB0ED12D256.jpeg
I received my baby black and white tegu yesterday and am IN LOVE! I have 4 other reptiles but Aasira is by far already my favorite. I’m not sure of her exact age. The breeder said 2 months?

She is eating insects well, loves crickets, dubias, and superworms but isn’t a huge fan of the BSFL. I’m dusting with calcium. I have with and without D3 and I’m not sure which to use or if I should alternate like I do with my other reptiles. Other than bugs, being so little, can someone make other food suggestions please? I’m using an Arcadia 12% UVB light along with basking light.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Two months old is right. Try frozen/thawed pinks dusted in calcium.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
They love raw egg with crushed egg shell (I just crack it into a small dish or bowl), and my Tegu's fave food is raw ground turkey which is what I put the supplements in. My Skully won't eat or bother with bugs now at all... but he's about 2 yrs old. Good luck!!

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hi and welcome..... theres a great food list on the site just try anything from it.... just make sure the pieces are cut small enough to handle.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980