• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hey some information from tegu owners would really be useful.

MMehaffy

I have an Argentine black and white tegu who loves to poop exclusively in his water, as most do. I was wondering if there is a filtration system (canister filter preferably) that could handle this, and a lot of dirt, with ease. A pond filter maybe? Please someone help lol I’ll make my own if I have to.

Sean32817

Any filter system that can handle aquatic turtles can handle tegus.

I would recommend one of the cannister ones that doesn't need a secondary pump as the secondary pumps tend to easily clog and be more of a pain to keep clean than the cannister itself.

Personally, I would just go with a shop vacuum if the bowl is too big for you to easily remove it when full - just vacuum it out and refill it, then drain the vac either into the toilet or outside.

If you do that then make sure NOT to install the filter that comes with it as then you'll have to clean that versus just swishing some water around inside the cannister of the vacuum.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam