• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hey there!!

Renee803

Hey guys! I’m fairly new to tegus and I am hoping to bring one home soon. Been doing my research but as you know there’s so much contradicting information out there. Hoping to gain more knowledge from you guys. I currently have 2 bearded dragons and 2 chameleons (wish I would have done a hell of a lot more research on the chameleons before getting them). I’m looking to get a black and white or a blue. Not sure on what sex or if it will make a difference. Feel free to offer any advice you have.

THANKS!

TripleTegus

Yeah chameleons are definitely a lot of work but most animals usually are. There's definitely a lot of information to be found here and seems everyone will definitely help out as we usually want what's best for the animals. Good luck on your endeavors and definitely don't hesitate to ask anything

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
I'm laughing my head off. I was so drawn in to the Chameleons - had to get one. Mine was a crabby female (Boogie) that hated me, and let me know it if I ever dared to get close. I got close anyway, but it just wasn't enough excitement for me.

Great tongue action though, if you can sit around long enough to catch it in action.

Renee803

I'm laughing my head off. I was so drawn in to the Chameleons - had to get one. Mine was a crabby female (Boogie) that hated me, and let me know it if I ever dared to get close. I got close anyway, but it just wasn't enough excitement for me.

Great tongue action though, if you can sit around long enough to catch it in action.
I can look but I can’t touch this kills me. I have a male and female (not going to breed) and they both hate me. At least they aren’t shy about eating in front of me.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
I can look but I can’t touch this kills me. I have a male and female (not going to breed) and they both hate me. At least they aren’t shy about eating in front of me.

Hysterical.... brings back memories! My poor Boogie died on my husband's watch when I was out of town. Total dehydration.

BTW - you should definitely consider the TegusOnly site that Rodney Irwin runs. He is rescuing the Tegus in Florida since the government decided they have to be eradicated. (They really shouldn't be there at all...) Several people on this forum can vouch for their beauty and cost! I have 2 of them, a male that's now 2 yrs old, and a female that's almost a year. (Skully and Captain) His prices way outdo the Reptile stores, and his animals are stunning. He's easy to work with, and will try to get you what you want. Just took a couple of pics yesterday, so I'll send you the beefcake male (Skully), and you'll see the female (Captain) in the tank with him. One of the moderators of this forum has 3 of them, and there's many others. Both Black/White Argentines
Rodney Irwin's number is: (305) 772-8140 - it's worth a look.
20200106_161203 - Edited.jpg
20191118_130823 (2020-01-06T23_37_36.976).jpg

Last edited:

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome to this forum. Folks aim for best care and good suggestions and experience abound. Failures are helpful when shared, and we got that, too.

I'm a tegusonly booster. Rodney's ethical, and the animals are healthy.

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
welcome to the site ..... I'm also a tegusonly booster and I'm in the UK...... but my belief is that you should always try and rescue an animal before funding breeders, especially as some breeders get too big for their own boots and their own animals start to suffer.

Renee803

Hysterical.... brings back memories! My poor Boogie died on my husband's watch when I was out of town. Total dehydration.

BTW - you should definitely consider the TegusOnly site that Rodney Irwin runs. He is rescuing the Tegus in Florida since the government decided they have to be eradicated. (They really shouldn't be there at all...) Several people on this forum can vouch for their beauty and cost! I have 2 of them, a male that's now 2 yrs old, and a female that's almost a year. (Skully and Captain) His prices way outdo the Reptile stores, and his animals are stunning. He's easy to work with, and will try to get you what you want. Just took a couple of pics yesterday, so I'll send you the beefcake male (Skully), and you'll see the female (Captain) in the tank with him. One of the moderators of this forum has 3 of them, and there's many others. Both Black/White Argentines
Rodney Irwin's number is: (305) 772-8140 - it's worth a look.View attachment 14185 View attachment 14186

I was thinking I should get them young. Still green. Will he have young ones? From his website it seems that he rescues them. Which is great. I just want a to experience a cute little baby then a big baby.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980