• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hi All

Lee1123

Well, I probably should've made this post before the ones in other areas.

Anyway, I'm Lee, and I've been keeping reptiles for almost 20 years. Started with garter snakes, and only recently have had the means to work with some of the larger animals.
Most of my animals are adoptions or disabled in some way, and right now the most complicated guy I have is a good sized common snapper who got hit by a truck as a baby and is blind in one eye (makes handling easier, but so strange to watch him eat with terrible depth perception).

Anyway , I'm adopting a juvenile black and white tegu in a few days, so I wanted to find a good forum since they seem like pretty complex little guys.

RomanPort

Hey there! Welcome! I've only been here for a short time, but I've found this forum to be incredibly helpful. The people here are excellent. Glad to have you on board!

I'm so happy for you. These guys are such great reptiles, and I can't wait to adopt my own.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
It's a great forum for technical info, and for moral support too! I just got my new baby Argentine Bl/Wh from Rodney Irwin (Tegus Only) in Florida. She's a rescue and is only about 3-4 months. She was like an ice cube an hour ago when she came in at the post office. We're warming her up this very second.... They're def complex little guys - then they're big and very routine. Good luck!

RomanPort

It's a great forum for technical info, and for moral support too! I just got my new baby Argentine Bl/Wh from Rodney Irwin (Tegus Only) in Florida. She's a rescue and is only about 3-4 months. She was like an ice cube an hour ago when she came in at the post office. We're warming her up this very second.... They're def complex little guys - then they're big and very routine. Good luck!

Nice! I'd like to adopt a baby from Rodney too. How is she doing now?

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
She's all warmed up, and sleeping. I hope she will eat soon, but I'm just letting her be still. I gave her one of my shirts right away to feel safe in. No name yet! She's a birthday surprise!

Rodney seems to have hardy animals - most everyone seems to agree on that.

RomanPort

She's all warmed up, and sleeping. I hope she will eat soon, but I'm just letting her be still. I gave her one of my shirts right away to feel safe in. No name yet! She's a birthday surprise!

Rodney seems to have hardy animals - most everyone seems to agree on that.

So glad to hear that she's doing good. I really respect what Rodney does, and I'm glad he has a passion for what he does. If you wouldn't mind me asking, is this your first Tegu from him?

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
No - it's not the first. My first one is Skully that I got a year ago almost to the day from Rodney. (He's 2 yrs old now) Skully is more aggressive than most and took quite a bit of taming - like waaaay longer than most people go through. But it was worth it. Most of Rodney's animals aren't like that, by all accounts. I just lucked out. There is something to be said about gaining the respect from one that makes you earn every moment from them.

The baby I just got drank a few drops of water, and licked some raw egg off my finger. It's almost more joy than I can handle. Also - I got the baby and Skully together awhile ago, and there was no tension between them. *phew!

RomanPort

No - it's not the first. My first one is Skully that I got a year ago almost to the day from Rodney. (He's 2 yrs old now) Skully is more aggressive than most and took quite a bit of taming - like waaaay longer than most people go through. But it was worth it. Most of Rodney's animals aren't like that, by all accounts. I just lucked out. There is something to be said about gaining the respect from one that makes you earn every moment from them.

The baby I just got drank a few drops of water, and licked some raw egg off my finger. It's almost more joy than I can handle. Also - I got the baby and Skully together awhile ago, and there was no tension between them. *phew!

Awwwww, your baby dino is so adorable. That's why I love Tegus. Earning the trust of these guys is really something special. I plan on adopting my first Tegu in a couple years and I can hardly wait.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam