• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hi all!

Jessica128

Hi all! This is my first time posting. I’ve had my tegu, hootie for about 8 months now! He’s eating like crazy & growing like a weed! We just upgraded him to a bigger enclosure and since doing so he is so flighty and mean! I can’t even reach my hand in his enclosure without being tail whipped. Has anyone else experienced this? He has one of my worn t shirts in there and before we switched him to a bigger enclosure I would take him out daily and hang out with him in a room now I can’t even pet him.

Attachments

• 32E7AF7F-6369-4767-A2FA-D11D1D8947BB.jpeg
    32E7AF7F-6369-4767-A2FA-D11D1D8947BB.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome. Keep your shirt in his hide. Make sure other familiar things are in his new enclosure, and give him time to settle in. He's frightened by the chanhe. Helps to talk to them even if you're not hamdling him.

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
make sure he sees and hears you before you go in the enclosure..... try not to go grabbing him straight away try sitting for a week or so just with your hand in the enclosure, I'm sure curiosity will get the better of him especially if you had a bond before the move.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
I can tell you, Alpha, and Walter1 got me through 8-10 months of a mean crabby Tegu. They have good info, it works, and it was worth it. I hope yours doesn't take as long! He'll come back around I think - they def get a sassy attitude when they get more space. What's great is that he's eating like a monster. Also - the timing of this is interesting. He's a sub-adult - and they think they own the world. So, it could just be puberty.....(jk)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602