• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hi . New to forum. First time Tegu

Kre8sioN

Hello everyone. My little buddy (possible female / Chacoan) should be here in a few hours. I've done a lot of research but would love some feedback on a few things as a first time Tegu owner. They are beautiful creatures! Very Excited

Kre8sioN

here's a few

Attachments

• bask.jpg
    bask.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
  • hide.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 11

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome and Great looking gu...but I thought chacoan were spotty/patched rather than stripey?

Kre8sioN

if heard the same. and in truth the seller got a hold of me last minute cause he thought I was getting an argentine. my receipt says switch to female chacoan, but when she/he arrived the box had argentine written in pen on it, but the box did look reopened and re taped. Male / female , argentine / chacoan I really like this little creature. how long before you think i'll be able to tell. I mean I know chacoan's are vibrant white. as for male or female with out sexing when do jowls appear?

Zyn

I’ve never really been able to tell the two apart. As in Argentine and Chacoan. Other than then the original imports having a locality difference they are genetically the same. One can get a little bigger or slightly more creamy than white, but that’s about it. I see it used more for marketing by underground reptiles more than anything else.

Last edited:

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I’ve never really been able to tell the two apart. As in Argentine and Chacoan. Other than then the original imports have a locality different they are genetically the same. One can get a little bigger or slightly more creamy than white, but that’s about it. I see it used more for marketing by underground reptiles more than anything else.
That's been my take as well. If especially large with reduced black, for whatever the reason, I hear Chacoan.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980