• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

hide places

angelrose

5 Year Member
what kind of hide boxes / places does columbian tegus like :?:
what do you guys have :?: :?:
and bedding
;)

playlboi

5 Year Member
i use cypress mulch for the bedding and i create burrows and hiding places by purchasing slates of rocks at the gardening/landscaping place. inexpensive and works really well, but this is for argentines. i'm sure it would be the same for colombians. maybe someone else can fill in for me. lol

angelrose

5 Year Member
snakehander ...'golden tengus' this is one I haven't heard of :roll: .
as you would know I'm in the market for a male columbian
and others
;)

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I found some old turtle shells in the woods while herpin, these work great.

AB^

5 Year Member
My colombian likes to bury herself in the mulch or under wood planks i have under some basking lights.
I have noticed (at least with mine) that colombians dont seem to dig actually burrows as opposed to argentines, who also dig much deeper.

snakehandler

5 Year Member
angelrose said:
and others
;)

columbians are called golden tegus.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
snakehandler said:
angelrose said:
and others
;)

columbians are called golden tegus.

Ok I think it was a typo, please let it go.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well Colombians are not just called Golden, there are also Colombian black tegus or also called Colombian black and white, altho they are not true BnWs but rather just blacks.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yea, there are just a different color, and might even be a different local as well.

Nero

5 Year Member
When I purchased mine, it was called the black and white tegu. What I thought I was buying was an Argentine which is what I really wanted in the first place. But after I found out more it was the columbian. I was kinda ticked off at first but now after a month of having it. I really enjoy him/her a lot. But im still confused with the golden thing!!! Mine has a black back with golden stripes with some white mixed in and a black and white tail blahhhhhh this is so confusing. All I know is after going to a different place to get some more things for his terrarium because I refuse to go back to the place were I bought mine from beying conned, the worker showed me his collection of tegus and about the loreal scale. Hes been a great help though I'm goin back in a few days to get his 6 foot tank and im buying a baby beardie!!!

jose2187

5 Year Member
this is what i use, easy to clean and manage and the contents stay inside when pulling out
picture043jq5.jpg

picture047xy7.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced