• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hiding

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I know I've asked a couple of you about Eddie hiding for days at a time but he seems to be doing this again. I've only seen him ~2-3x this last week. Some days he won't eat, I still offer food daily. His basking temperature is 110*, I suppose I could push for another 5-10*. It just seems very odd that he would disappear for a few days at a time since they don't brumate. There have been a couple times where I have tried to touch him a little to make sure he is alright (I know, I know, if hes in his hide I shouldn't but I get concerned when its been days) and he won't wake up, its like hes in a coma. Anyone know why he could be doing this? He seems perfectly healthy otherwise, no shedding issues, no stool issues. It's just strange to me. When he is out he is very alert and devours his food no problem.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I've always been under the impression that cyclura iguanas are not supposed to hibernate

RobK.

rhetoricx said:
I've always been under the impression that cyclura iguanas are not supposed to hibernate

they don't hibernate but can slow down and eat less during the winter . Mine has slowed down a litte

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
chitodadon said:
He still in hibernation mode give him time keep doing watbu doing

from Samsung Galaxy S3

They don't hibernate.

As long as he's eating fine, pooping fine, and doing all the normal things, I wouldn't worry.

RobK.

try putting whole leaves of collard green and mustard green in his cage , put them so he can pull them apart . The collards green i slice the sides . seeing those big green leaves can intice them to eat .

ronijan201.jpg

IMG_5716jpgeatingroni2012.jpg

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
He is eating fine but I just don't see why he's sleeping more than usual. I tried this though and it definitely seemed like it was better for him. I had fun putting it in there too :p

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
[attachment=6342]

That's an example of what I've been feeding him. There are a few blueberries in there. It's collard greens and mustard greens. I didn't give him any supplements today. Usually I will add a multivitamin once or twice a week and the calcium is 2-3 times a week (should it be every day?). He really loves bok Choy and kale. I've thought about Swiss chard but I wasn't sure if it was alright for them to eat. If I see him come out today ill get a couple pictures.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10

RobK.

BoKChoy , kale and Swiss chard should be given every now and then . Mine loves those also , but i only give him a leaf ot two a month if that .

http://greenigsociety.org/foodchart.htm

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980